Monday, May 28, 2012

Backyard Makeover - sides of pool

2012- What it looks like today on 5-28-12.  I bought four more hanging baskets and put one on every other fence post, so now I have 8 hanging baskets along the fence. (though you only see four in this)

2012- Rocks today - see what I mean....at least we paid to have the neighbors pine trees trimmed that are over our property.  That should cut down the amount of pine needles.  Also when our fence was partially redone the guys messed up my rocks when doing the posts so it just looks messy compared to 2011.

Astilbes
2011-Again, rocks looking their best!
2011-We added a couple different hostas along this side and in between there are three astilbes.  At the far end of this you see my lilac bush that was here when I moved in.


2011-The Crushed rock ONLY looked that good on the first day or two.....then the darn pine needles messed it all up.  I love the look of the azaleas (at least I think that is what they are) along with the hanging plants.  

2011-It was suggested to NOT bring the mulch around this area where the kids will be walking to get to slide.  The will get mulch all over feet and then into pool so we got some stepping stones and then placed rock.

2011- Other side of pool - partial grass - lots of pine needles from neighbors tree goes in this area over the year.  UGH!


2012- Wow, look how much the daises grew in one year. The ones that get more sun (the right side of photo) are a lot bigger than on the left.  I also moved a clematis vine from another part of the yard to this side.  It is doing well!  I took out the bucket since all it does is encourage the growth of mosquitoes in the standing water.  I looked over the internet and found an easy way to make my own rain barrel.  Voila!  I also temporarily moved my Herb garden of Cilantro into this area because it sees less action than where I had it.  I am not sure of the "perfect" place for it yet.  I have  4 of those containers and in two others I am growing different types of lettuce.
2011-I took out the drain pipe and added a big black bucket thinking it would collect the rain water and then I can use it to water the plants. (dumb idea, will explain later)  I have a hosta, shasta daises in the back and tall phlox in the front.


2011 - getting ready and tearing out all the flowers - very wet May!

2011- beside pool - there was daffodils, tulips, and some other things that I have not clue about here.  You  can also see a drain pipe that comes off the gutters of the house on the right side of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment